The Bingham Canyon Crusher Relocation 2010 wall was constructed in July 2011 located in Bingham Canyon, Salt Lake Co, Utah. The wall was constructed by Ames Construction, Inc and the wall designer was Geotechnical Design Systems Inc.
• Five Welded Wire Walls / Welded Wire Steepened Slope
• Maximum Wall Height of 62’
• Maximum Mat Length of 63’
• Loads: Walls #1 and #3 will be designed for the CAT 797F mine dump trucks. Wall #4 designed for the temporary construction load consisting of the Lampson crawler carrying the crusher. All walls designed for a snow load of 52 psf per project requirements. Where no significant surcharges are present, a nominal 250 psf area loading used for conventional vehicular traffic.
• Seismic acceleration of 0.23g
• 20-year design life – black steel (non-galvanized)
• 53,312 SF of Welded Wire Wall; 648 of Welded Wire Steepened Slope Wall