Hope Bay Projects wall was a welded wire wall located in Kitikmeot region of Nunavut Cambridge Bay, Canada constructed in July 2011. The wall was constructed by Hatch Associates LTD and the wall designer was Kirk Cesaretti, P.E., Ontiveros & Associates.
- Welded Wire Wall (one 90-degree angle point)
- Maximum Wall Height of 30’
- Maximum Mat Length of 28’
- Dead Load = Increasing Dead Load from 0 @ 1m from face of wall to 275 kN/m2 @ 13m from face of wall.
- Traffic Loading = An isolated live load surcharge for Mining Haul Trucks (360 kN/m2 – Live Load) has been applied in a worst case condition @ 1m from the face of wall.
- Seismic acceleration:
Maximum ground acceleration coefficient, A = 0.100
Design acceleration coefficient in Internal Stability: Kh = Am = 0.135
Design acceleration coefficient in External Stability: Kh = 0.135 (Am = 0.135)
- 25-year design life – hot-dip galvanized
- 8,544 SF (793.76 SM)